• The Pastor & his wife want to go to Mexico to visit the church we helped build back in the 70s and since travel requirements have changed since the last time they went (back in 2006 I believe), they have to get a passport. Every month for the last 2 years I swear they’ve been asking me to help them with the paperwork and now that a trip is actually planned (November 12), I’ll be going to their house tomorrow to help them with it, then sometime this week driving them to the passport agency in Downtown LA so that it can be expedited. Current wait time (from the time it’s dropped off to be processed to the time you get it) is 4-6 weeks and they need it in 4 weeks. Pastor’s wife asked me if I wanted to go to Mexico with them. I said I’d like to, but I simple didn’t have $105 for the passport card and fee to have it expedited. She then asked me that if she and the pastor had the additional money for me to get my passport, if I would go. I said yes because they’re going on a day when the courthouse will be closed and it’s just a turnaround trip – leave California early in the morning and come back late at night. The Spanish church that uses our facility will be going as well.
• Apparently we’re out of packing boxes. This isn’t good as I actually want to pack the clothes in my closet (I won’t be taking them with me to my sister’s) and my blankets and sheets…and other stuff. My dad said I had to have my room packed up (with the exception of what I was taking to my sister’s) by next week. HA! Fat chance of that happening without boxes.
• I think after this week, I’m going to e-mail J & N at Legal Aid and let them know that I won’t be available to volunteer until November 14th – at the latest. I need to devote as much time to packing, not only my room, but helping my parents with the kitchen and living room, then we have to move the stuff to storage and it’ll go by slower if I’m not there to help them.
• Called a vet about boarding Ms Marple. They only offer it to clients/patients, and if I wanted my cat to be boarded there, I’d have to have them conduct a physical on her and make sure her shots are up to date. Walk in appointments are Mondays 2-4 pm and its $25. Okay, I can do that and that’s what I’ll be doing tomorrow afternoon. I hope my cat doesn’t hate me. The last time she went to the vet, she was given a shot to help with her scratching as she had an allergic reaction to fleas a couple of years ago.
Now on the writing front:
• It’s safe to say that all this packing as made it damn near impossible for me to write. I dropped out of journeystory
• On the 14th assignments are sent out for h50_holidayswap
with posting being sometime between December 12-23
• For mpregbigbang
, I have 1 month, 3 weeks and 5 days until an 8,000 word rough draft is due on December 3rd. Thankfully, I'll be able to write (hopefully undisturbed) at my sister's place. I have a grand totally of zero
words written, but an idea of what I want to write.
• My spook_me
fic is due October 26. Thankfully I can do a drabble for that if push comes to shove.
• My fic for h50_harlequin
is due to be posted October 26-31. I haven't started on that either. A few weeks ago, I thought I'd be able to get 1,000 word minimum, but I got maybe a paragraph in and my muse decided to go on vacation!
I think that’s all my writing projects! I really hope I haven’t missed anything.
And this bullet point entry is done!